Welcome to my first post for the brand new challenge blog, Double D! The double D stands for Diane and Darlene who are the super duo who will be running the challenges. I am delighted to be on the fabulous design team they have assembled. I think you’re going to find some serious inspiration here in an amazing range of styles!
The first challenge of the new year is called, ‘Forget Me Not’ and is powered by the inspiration photos you will find at the bottom of this post…
I haven’t worked with one of my favorite flower fairy images for ages, so as soon as I looked at this challenges’ name, my mind went to this sweet image that I’ve kept tucked away for a few years. My paper stash of precious leftovers was scavenged for shades of blue patterned papers that could live well together along with two shades of blue card stock…
The patterned paper on the top, background is covered in blue dots. I couldn’t resist stamping some sweet forget me nots along with some leafy green stems and leaves over the dots. The fabric flowers were given centers of #8 seed beads for the larger blossoms and seed beads for the tiny ones.
I just love these inspiration photos! Forget me nots are just so beautiful~~~
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you will join us for this wonderful new Double D Challenge!
- Card stock~ copen blue and periwinkle by American Craft
- Patterned papers~ farmers market by WeR Memory Keepers; blue ditsy by Recollections and scraps
- Image~ forget me not flower fairy by Cicely Mary Barker found on the web
- Stamps~ birthday basics and bitty bouquet by Papertrey Ink
- Inks~ blueberry sky and spring moss by Papertrey Ink; embossing ink by Versamark
- Embossing powder~ liquid platinum by Ranger
- Doily~ Wilton
- Dies~ basic bookmark 3; sprinkles and sparkles by Papertrey Ink
- Ribbon~ hand dyed 1″ silk
- Flowers~ plucked off a fabric hydrangea from Michaels
Hugs and blessings,