Here at Sugar Creek Hollow, challenge #84 is all about Easter~ I found a vintage image of lilies of the valley that just speaks to me of the fresh greens of spring and the renewal of life all around us. With these thoughts in mind, I created this card…
I adore this fresh color combo and had such fun embellishing this lovely image. I believe that it is copyright free and so I am happily sharing it with you…
For this card, I printed the image onto white card stock, 45% of the full size, then matted it with a sliver of green and then white…
A band of venice lace and an undulating ombre green ribbon trim run behind the image. There are die cuts of lily of the valley sprigs, bits of faux fern and die cut leafy branches. The triple looped bow is made from 1/4″ silk ribbon..a favorite for tying bows!…
On the right side, a loopy, flourish of white card stock adds some movement and lightness to the layout. My favorite embellishment though is a gossamer butterfly!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will join us for this challenge!
For some extra fun, I’m entering this card into these challenges;
- DRS Thursday Challenge (ends 04/16) -Black and White + 1 Color ~ I chose green
- It’s All About the Vintage and Beauty #66 (ends 04/23) -Shabby Chic
- Moving Along With the Times (ends 04/17) -Spring/Easter
- Dare to Be Sassy Thursday #224 (ends 04/16) -Make It Creative (make your own embellishments) ~multi-loop bow, die cut lilies, handmade butterfly
- Bearly Mine April Challenge (ends 04/30) – Spring
- Country View Challenges #14 (ends 04/30) -New Beginnings
- Paper Crafting Journey (ends 04/22) -For That Special Lady ~ this one’s for my sister!
- Ladybug Crafts April Challenge (ends 04/30) -Here Comes Spring
- Sparkles Monthly Challenge (ends 04/30) – Easter Parade
Sending you blessings and ((hugs)),