Welcome~ Today’s challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow is a creation inspired by this sweet inspiration photo…
I worked from the colors, childhood theme and just the overall ‘feel’ of the photo…
I chose a wonderful image of childhood by C.M. Burd, that I’ve held in a file for at least 3-4 years. I was delighted to be able to play with it!…
This sweet image was first mounted onto a tag made from some paper from the Butterfly Garden collection by Pink Paisley. A butterfly was cut from another sheet in this collection and adhered under the hole and reinforcement at the top. A piece of hand dyed and scrunched seam binding was added and a length of vintage crocheted irish lace was tucked under the left edge…
A length of embroidered trim runs along the bottom edge. Two paper roses and a double bow topped with a tiny button, fill the corner. You can see that there is a punched edge along the bottom of the tag. Out of view (except for the first photo) you will see a delicate scalloped length of die cut, paper lace in soft green.
This was a simple card to make and soooo much fun! I hope you have a close look at the inspiration photo and then let your creative self loose and see what emerges! Remember, whatever you come up with…it doesn’t have to be perfect, to be wonderful! Then gather up your courage and link your creation to Sugar Creek Hollow!
I’m linking this card to these challenges for added fun!
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge #9 (ends 03/17) – Anything Goes/Favourite Colors
- House of Cards March Challenge #1 (ends 03/17) – Shabby/Vintage and Add a Button
- Craftitude Challenge #60 (ends 03/21) – Anything Goes or Add A Little Green
- Crafty Hands Challenge #10 (ends 03/28) – Buttons and Bows
- Crafter’s Cafe Challenge #54 (ends 03/19) – Flowers
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge #80 (ends 03/20) – Ribbons A Bows
- Through The Purple Haze #32 (ends 03/17) – Anything Digital (Digital image)
- Make My Monday (ends 03/16) – Spring
- Craft Hoarders Anonymous #3 (ends 03/16) – Vintage or Retro
- Crafting For All Seasons #72 (ends 03/17) – Spring Into Spring
((hugs)) and blessings,